Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Day of the dead Celebration. Toronto.

Celebration Day of the dead. Dia de Muertos.

For last 8 years, in November, the collective Dia de Muertos is having a Celebration for the deads (Mexican celebration Día de Muertos). The collective (where integrants are mostly mexicans) organize the Celebration in Wychwood Barns art center, in Toronto.

For last four years I participate with my project of Printmaking. I use the technique Linocut. I use Linol pieces and I carve a design related to the celebration (principal skulls and flowers). People who participate can print in paper mixing different colours. I use for this print process Block ink for linocut and Acrylics to play with the textures. Once the participants print a design they can keep the design.

I share some pictures of this project.

















No comments:

Post a Comment